Matrix Comsec Private Limited (Matrix) recognizes that as a responsible corporate entity it is a part of the society and has duties towards it. In addition to ensuring that operations are conducted efficiently and in a manner that meets governmental environmental standards, the Company is committed in ensuring that the communities where it operates also benefits and develops together. Matrix, have an intention to bring about maximization of social welfare and common good. Matrix actively participates in the development of the communities where its operation is located. With the advent of the Companies Act, 2013 constitution of a Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the Board and formulation of a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy became a mandatory requirement. Therefore, the Company has formulated a CSR Policy which encompassed its philosophy and guides its sustained efforts for undertaking and supporting socially useful programs for the welfare & sustainable development of the society.
The Company will select one or more of the following CSR activities for implementation in the area of its operation:
The activities involve the following:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects;
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups;
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art, setting up public libraries, promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic sports;
- Contribution to the Prime Ministers’ National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institution which are approved by the Central Government;
- Rural development projects.